Being an "in-your-pocket" type horse, this exercise really appealed to Stevie. Within five minutes, I was able to lower her head to the ground. A few more minutes, and I could do it from my knees. Being able to put your horse's head down is beneficial for so many reasons.
- It causes a natural relaxation response.
- It makes the horse far more easy to halter and bridle
- It is much easier to braid, clip ears and bridle paths when you don't have to climb a step ladder to get to your horse!
- If you ever need to doctor your horse's face or eyes, it will be a far easier task.
- It is a submissive posture, and can help develop trust and respect.